Lucid Vision

Welcome to Lucid Vision Forums
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:30 am 

Hey Ya'll,

I am a recent character transfer from the Wurtbad - Looking for a guild to call home on Hochland. I think LV is it.

Game Info: Eruin - Level 20 Engineer (been playing about a month now...)

RL Info: I am a 29 y/o self-employed Technology Consultant in CA. I have been playing MMO's for about 17 years now, since back in the days when everything was text based in MUDs and such... I am by no means an expert @ Warhammer YET... but I am looking to have my skills grow along with my level... I haven't had a big chance to get to know many of you yet, since I am not tier 3 or 4, but am looking forward to doing so.

Who manages website and technology stuff for the guild? I would love to help out if any help is needed when membership is granted. That is my RL area of expertise.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:22 am 
Minister

Profession: Channeler
What MMO's/MUDs did you play? Ever play dragonrealms or terris(mud)? Or EQ? I know i played with you in a scenario and you did a good job. What kind of consultant work? You program c++/c#? I'm interested to hear more.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:17 am 

HA HA HA... Funny you should ask... YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD!!! Be careful reading... I must warn ya... I took a long stroll off the short pier of "Memory Lane" with this post...

I played "Eruin" a Half-Elf Ranger on Terris for a few years on AOL back before they had the bright idea of charging 15 pounds(12 bucks or so) a month... (in addition to the AOL membership) and I paid that for not quite a year and then I got fed up with spending money to play a text based game... I played it with my Uncle who was a Big Wig Paladin (can't remember his game name now...) but he was an elected leader of one of the towns and guilds I think Tranos? or something and it is HIS FAULT... that I even started playing MMO's and Muds...I then switched to "Realms of Despair" and remember buying zMUD by Zuggsoft, and had a lot of fun... because zMud and ROD... had COLORED BLINKING TEXT (ohhhhhh ahhhhhh) at least it was free...

And I remember back then hearing rumors of "graphical muds" I tried a few and they all fell short, and around the same time I was playing things like "So you want to be a hero" by Sierra Games... and Kings Quest Series... I feel away from my interactive text based stuff...

When EQ came out... I was in college, broke and jaded from paying to play a text game in the late 90's... so I didn't jump on that band wagon... then I heard rumors of a new final fantasy that was an MMORPG so I got it for my PS2, and my PC... had 2 accounts (one so my GF could play a WHM and save my ass...

Thus my multi-year love affair was born with FFXI... I think I started playing within a month of it coming out, and continued for about 3 or so years... After getting my fishing skill maxed... getting my lu-shang rod and my cooking skill maxed and making a ton of gil off Black Sole Sushi... (for anyone who knows what those things mean...) I can't remember what the highest level I reached was... but there too again I was "Eruin"... an Elvaan RNG/THF...

After I decided to leave FFXI (the month they came out with the ability to breed chocobos I think) I thought I needed something with better graphics... and tried EQII for about a year or so... and then tried WOW and played it for two months and hated it... I even played Second Life for a little bit and that was the worst thing I have ever tried...

Then I had resolved myself to walk into that dark night and retire from MMO's forever... after all I had just turned 29, had a 3y/o and a baby on the way before christmas... and needed to "Grow Up" etc... when my two employees who are 18 an 19 were talking about the game that "just was released a few weeks ago" Warhammer so I bought it tried it... got hooked... started traveling toward being Eruin a High Elf Shadow Warrior.... when I got side tracked by an ALT named Skal who was an engineer... well... Wurtbad sucked... couldn't get Scenarios the pop was so low... and Skal had become my MAIN... when I decieded to switch to Hochland... and changed Skal to Eruin and Eruin to Eruinsshadow...

AND FINALLY now here I am on LV's forums... a recruit member of the guild... And while I am not big enough to help out with Crypts and Dungeon's I have become familiar with voices on Ventrillo of Kringe, Nirgon, Mangar, Bodu and a host of others... over the past week or two. I have not yet talked much of course since I am lowly 21 doing Scenarios... but I can tell how organized a guild we are... and how knowledgeable some guys like Kringe are in the fray... and others... I love the PVP and RVR sides of War... and can't wait to get to 40 so I can join in on the action. And see the action being thrown down by our "Altar Boys" etc...

I own and operate "Elite Geeks, Technology Consulting" here in Stockton, CA www.gottagetageek.com (the website is undergoing a redesign, just a landing page ATM)...

We do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that A) pays money and B) deals with technology...

everything from simple web design to application development, and anything Geek Squad or Firedog would do (at 20-60% less), Remote Support... we also manage large IT Projects... one of our clients spent 300k on software (and much much more on hardware) to get Priya a Warehouse Management Application going using windows mobile computers, barcode scanners etc...etc... they have us manage the IT Project... and pay us over 3k a month... for it's implementation... they are an example of our larger corporate clients... but a majority of what we do is Joe Blow... my computer won't startup because I can't find the power switch sort of stuff... :)

I do know C... and enough C# to work ok in .net packages... I usually use VB.net or PHP for my web development... but I dabble in any programing language I have to in order to get a project done... including about 6 months I spent using Ruby... ( now there is a programing language) and Rails earlier this year...